Americans consume 80% of the world's pain pills.
Americans consume 80 percent of the world’s supply of painkillers — more than 110 tons of pure, addictive opiates every year — as the country’s prescription drug abuse epidemic explodes.
That’s enough drugs to give every single American 64 Percocets or Vicodin. And pain pill prescriptions continue to surge, up 600 percent in ten year, thanks to doctors who are more and more willing to hand out drugs to patients who are suffering.
As more people get their hands on these potentially-dangerous drugs, more are taking them to get high. Their drug abuse leads to 14,800 deaths a year — more than from heroin and cocaine combined.
- karentocity reblogged this from christel-thoughts
- karentocity likes this
- feelingsareboring likes this
- fr0gg reblogged this from ossa-coxae
- smile-itscarespeople likes this
- gldnsctn likes this
- monroeing likes this
- maildangerjeevas likes this
- rags2bitchez likes this
- thestudentnurse likes this
- isthatthetruth reblogged this from ossa-coxae
- robcayman likes this